Sunday, August 27, 2006

The time finally came

Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

A couple of things today.  Mandy/Jie went to Church for the first time.  She has learned to pray through family prayer and so she was good and closed her eyes and said a loud amen.  She sit quietly and played and of course, because she was being good Nathan wasn’t.

 

What I was talking about in my title thought is about Nathan and who was his birthmother.  Well, kind of.  Last night Nathan and I were talking about birthdays.  When they were coming and why Jie’s birthday is in Sept. while his is in October and he is older.  We started discussing everyone’s birthday – Jie and Kathie’s birthdays are in the same month and Nathan and Shelly’s are in the same month, etc.  He then asked me when we went and “got” Shelly.  Then we talked about the fact that Shelly, Kathie, Bobby, Cyndi and Asia grew in my tummy and that Nathan and Jie were so special and we went to get them in China!  He was excited about that part but I know that more is coming.  He took it very well.  I have been curious how long it would take for him to realize he didn’t look like us.  He is the most  “color blind” person I have ever met.  He treats everyone the same, with love and respect.  I am very proud of our little son.

 

On the home front, we have been home a week and our electricity was out for ½ day and our water heater broke and we were without water for 24 hours.  I can’t wait until for the next thing.  They always seem to come in three’s.

1 comment:

jturpin said...

Hopefully you can get into the new house before the third thing breaks.